R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090: OBLIGATIONS OF LICENSEESSkip to content
Truck Transportation Act
Loi sur le camionnage
R.R.O. 1990, REGULATION 1090
Amended to O. Reg. 642/05
OBLIGATIONS OF LICENSEES
Note: This Regulation was revoked on January 1, 2006. See: O. Reg. 642/05, ss. 1, 2.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. This Regulation applies to operating licences issued under the Act or deemed to be licences for the purposes of the Act and to the holders of such licences. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 1.
Bill of Lading Exemptions
2. (1) The Registrar may grant a bill of lading exemption under subsection 19 (6) of the Act to a holder of an operating licence who,
(a) uses electronic data transmission equipment that contains and would provide, except for the exemption, the information required to be contained in a bill of lading; or
(b) is engaged in carrying parcels, wrapped or unwrapped, each of which does not weigh more than forty-five kilograms. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 2 (1).
(2) The exemption to a licensee referred to in clause (1) (b) only applies to the carriage of parcels described in that clause. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 2 (2).
3. (1) A licensee who receives a bill of lading exemption under clause 2 (1) (a) shall identify each of the items carried by a reference number or other means that will permit identification of each item at a later date. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 3 (1).
(2) A licensee who receives a bill of lading exemption under subsection 2 (1) shall retain for one year after each delivery the information that, except for the exemption, would be required to be contained in a bill of lading. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 3 (2).
4. (1) For each motor vehicle operated by a licensee, the licensee shall provide or effect and carry with an insurer licensed under the Insurance Act,
(a) motor vehicle liability insurance in the amount of $1,000,000; and
(b) liability insurance for loss or damage to cargo in an amount sufficient to cover the loss or damage of the cargo carried. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 4 (1).
(2) Clause (1) (b) does not apply where the cargo is road-construction materials, iron, steel, coal, rough lumber, miscellaneous waste or scrap or materials of an indestructible or non-flammable nature. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 4 (2).
Tariff of Tolls
5. Every licensee shall publish a tariff of tolls for the purposes of section 18 of the Act by making the tariff available in written form for inspection by any person who requests to see it during ordinary business hours at the principal place of business of the licensee in Ontario or, if there is no such place, at premises of the licensee’s agent appointed under subsection 4 (12) of the Act. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 5.
6. The following classes of licensees are exempted from the requirements of section 18 of the Act:
1. Licensees operating under Single-source or Owner-driver authorities.
2. Licensees engaging in the carriage of road-construction materials.
3. Licensees who operate no more than four commercial vehicles under the authority of the operating licence, except a licensee whose licence includes a Household Goods authority. R.R.O. 1990, Reg. 1090, s. 6.