O. Reg. 157/93: ADDITIONAL CHARGESSkip to content
|current||April 8, 1993 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Ontario Water Resources Act
ONTARIO REGULATION 157/93
Consolidation Period: From April 8, 1993 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) In this section, the Crown’s direct operating costs for a sewage works or water works are the total cost to the Crown of the operation, supervision, maintenance, repair, administration and insurance of the works, including the cost to the Crown of paying taxes in respect of the works. O. Reg. 157/93, s. 1 (1).
(2) A person that has entered or that enters an agreement under the Act with the Crown for the provision or operation of a sewage works or a water works by the Crown or for the provision by the Crown of sewage service from a works or water service from a works shall pay to the Minister of Finance an additional annual charge in respect of the provision or operation in the amount of 5.7 per cent of the Crown’s direct operating costs in each year for the works. O. Reg. 157/93, s. 1 (2).
(3) The terms set out in an agreement referred to in subsection (2) relating to billing and to timing of payment of amounts due under the agreement apply with necessary modifications to the payment of additional annual charges arising in connection with the agreement. O. Reg. 157/93, s. 1 (3).
2. (1) Where more than one person is liable to pay an annual additional charge under subsection 1 (2) in respect of the same works, the charge shall be allocated among the persons in proportion to their use of service from the works. O. Reg. 157/93, s. 2 (1).
(2) Despite subsection (1), where more than one person is liable to pay an annual additional charge under subsection 1 (2) in respect of the same works and each of the persons has entered into an agreement with the Crown specifying the share of the operating costs of the works to be paid by the person to the Crown, the additional charges shall be allocated among the persons in the same proportions as the operating costs. O. Reg. 157/93, s. 2 (2).