O. Reg. 711/93: EXAMINATIONSSkip to content
|current||December 31, 1993 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Dental Technology Act, 1991
Loi de 1991 sur les technologues dentaires
ONTARIO REGULATION 711/93
Consolidation Period: From December 31, 1993 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In setting the examinations to be taken by applicants to the College for registration, the College shall specify the general areas of competency to be examined and shall ensure that the examinations provide a reliable and valid measure of a candidate’s competency in knowledge, skills and ability for the practice of dental technology in Ontario. O.Reg. 711/93, s. 1.
2. Written and practical examinations shall be offered at least once yearly and at such other times as the Council considers necessary. O.Reg. 711/93, s. 2.
3. (1) A candidate who fails the examinations may apply for re-examination twice. O. Reg. 711/93, s. 3 (1).
(2) A candidate who fails a third attempt of the examinations must submit to the Registration Committee proof of remediation and upgrading in accordance with policy guidelines issued by the Committee before the candidate may retake the examinations. O. Reg. 711/93, s. 3 (2).
(3) A candidate who fails the examinations may retake them not more than two years after the failure, but if the candidate presents to the Registration Committee proof of remediation and upgrading in accordance with policy guidelines issued by the Committee, he or she may retake the examinations more than two years after the failure. O. Reg. 711/93, s. 3 (3).
4. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 711/93, s. 4.