O. Reg. 885/93: EXAMINATIONSSkip to content
|revoked or spent May 6, 2011|
|December 31, 1993 – May 5, 2011|
Chiropractic Act, 1991
Loi de 1991 sur les chiropraticiens
ONTARIO REGULATION 885/93
Historical version for the period December 31, 1993 to May 5, 2011.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. (1) The College shall conduct or cause to be conducted at least once a year examinations of applicants for registration. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 1 (1).
(2) For an applicant who has failed an examination under subsection (1), the College shall conduct or cause to be conducted supplemental examinations within four months of the examinations conducted under subsection (1) or within such longer period as may reasonably be required in the circumstances. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 1 (2).
(3) Supplemental examinations shall not be conducted if there is no applicant eligible to retry the examinations. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 1 (3).
2. (1) The examinations and supplemental examinations set by the Council shall assess applicants in various areas in respect of the knowledge and skills necessary to practise as a chiropractor. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 2 (1).
(2) The College shall determine,
(a) the requirements for passing the examinations and supplemental examinations; and
(b) the requirements for eligibility to try supplemental examinations. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 2 (2).
3. (1) A person is eligible to try the examinations if he or she satisfies the registration requirements in subsection 3 (1) and paragraph 2 of section 4 of Ontario Regulation 862/93. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 3 (1).
(2) If a person satisfied the requirement in subsection (1) more than two years before the person applies to take the examinations, the person must either successfully complete a refresher course approved by the Registration Committee or otherwise satisfy the Registration Committee that he or she is competent to practise. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 3 (2).
4. (1) An applicant shall submit to the College a completed application to try the examinations at least forty-five days before the date set for the examinations together with the examination fee. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 4 (1).
(2) The fee for each examination in an area set by the Council is $125. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 4 (2).
(3) The fee for each supplemental examination is $150. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 4 (3).
5. At least fourteen days before the date set for the examinations, the Registrar shall notify each applicant of whether he or she has met the requirements to write the examinations and shall notify the applicant of the time and place fixed for the examinations. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 5.
6. (1) If an applicant fails the examinations and is eligible to try the supplemental examinations, the Registrar shall, at least fourteen days before the date set for the supplemental examinations, notify the applicant that he or she has met the requirements to write the supplemental examinations and of the time and place fixed for the supplemental examinations. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 6 (1).
(2) If an applicant fails the supplemental examinations, he or she shall not write another supplemental examination until the applicant has rewritten all the examinations the following year. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 6 (2).
7. (1) An applicant who fails an examination or supplemental examination set by the Council may, within sixty days after the College has mailed out the results, apply to the Registrar,
(a) to have the examination reread by the examiners;
(b) to examine the failed examination; and
(c) to meet with the examiners to discuss the examination. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 7 (1).
(2) The application fee to have an examination reread is $50. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 7 (2).
(3) The application fee to meet with an examiner to discuss an examination is $200. O. Reg. 885/93, s. 7 (3).
(4) The College may destroy an examination if it is not needed under subsection (1). O. Reg. 885/93, s. 7 (4).
8. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 885/93, s. 8.