O. Reg. 343/94: PROVINCIALLY APPROVED SCREENING DEVICESSkip to content
Highway Traffic Act
Code de la route
ONTARIO REGULATION 343/94
PROVINCIALLY APPROVED SCREENING DEVICES
Historical version for the period June 4, 2010 to July 31, 2010.
Note: This Regulation is revoked on the day subsection 16 (10) of the Road Safety Act, 2009 comes into force. See: O. Reg. 206/10, ss. 1, 2.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 206/10.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. The following devices are prescribed as provincially approved screening devices for the purposes of section 48.1 of the Act:
1. An “approved screening device” as defined in the Criminal Code (Canada).
2. A screening device that meets the standards of the Alcohol Test Committee of the Canadian Society of Forensic Sciences. O.Reg. 343/94, s.1.
2. A provincially approved screening device shall be calibrated so that when a breath sample that is alcohol free is tested, the device does not give a reading or result greater than three milligrams of alcohol in 100 millilitres of blood. O. Reg. 343/94, s. 2.
3. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O.Reg. 343/94, s. 3.