O. Reg. 574/94: IDENTIFICATIONSkip to content
Ammunition Regulation Act, 1994
Loi de 1994 sur la réglementation des munitions
ONTARIO REGULATION 574/94
Historical version for the period September 9, 1994 to January 16, 2011.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. The following two pieces of identification presented together are acceptable for the purposes of section 2 of the Act:
1. Valid identification, issued as required by subsection 2 (7) of the Act, that has the person’s age or date of birth.
2. A valid permit issued by the chief provincial firearms officer for Ontario that states that the person named in the permit may purchase ammunition without presenting photo identification. O. Reg. 574/94, s. 1.
2. (1) The permit described in section 1 shall be issued to every applicant who is at least 18 years old or who holds a valid permit issued to him or her under subsection 110 (6) or (7) of the Criminal Code (Canada) and who submits to the chief provincial firearms officer for Ontario a document,
(a) stating that the applicant objects on religious grounds to having his or her photograph taken; and
(b) signed by a person who is of the same religion as the applicant and who is eligible under subsection 20 (3) or (4) of the Marriage Act to be registered as a person authorized to solemnize marriage. O. Reg. 574/94, s. 2 (1).
(2) The document shall be in a form provided or approved by the chief provincial firearms officer for Ontario. O. Reg. 574/94, s. 2 (2).