O. Reg. 339/95: PUBLIC SECTOR (THE CROWN AND ITS EMPLOYEES)Skip to content
|revoked or spent January 1, 2004|
Employment Equity Act, 1993
ONTARIO REGULATION 339/95
PUBLIC SECTOR (THE CROWN AND ITS EMPLOYEES)
Note: This Regulation became spent some time before January 1, 2004.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The change in government which occurred on June 26, 1995 represents a substantial change in the circumstances of the business of the Crown in right of Ontario.
2. Furthermore, the Lieutenant Governor in Council is of the opinion that the Crown in right of Ontario and the Ontario Public Service cannot be properly accommodated through the provisions of the Act because of unique situations in the sector. The Crown in right of Ontario and the Ontario Public Service are in a unique situation in that the government has announced its intention to introduce legislation to repeal the Act and the compliance deadline set out in the Act that applies to the Crown will occur before the Legislature has had the opportunity to deal with the matter.
3. The compliance deadline set out in the Act should be modified to avoid confusion and unnecessary costs.
Therefore, the Lieutenant Governor in Council makes the following regulation:
1. For the Crown in right of Ontario, subsection 23 (1) of the Act is adapted as provided in this Regulation. O. Reg. 339/95, s. 1.
2. The day referred to in paragraph 1 of subsection 23 (1) of the Act is 18 months after the effective date. O. Reg. 339/95, s. 2.