O. Reg. 213/96: ZONING AREAS - TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF KENORA, HARBOUR ISLAND, SAND LAKESkip to content
|current||December 3, 1996 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 213/96
ZONING AREAS — TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF KENORA, HARBOUR ISLAND, SAND LAKE
Consolidation Period: From December 3, 1996 to the e-Laws currency date.
Last amendment: O. Reg. 515/96.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory”, when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to the principal use, building or structure on the same lot;
“dwelling unit” means one or more habitable rooms occupied or capable of being occupied as an independent and separate housekeeping establishment in which separate kitchen and sanitary facilities are provided for the exclusive use of the occupants;
“guest cabin” means a building that contains one or more bedrooms but no kitchen or sanitary facilities;
“lot” means a parcel of land shown as a lot on a plan registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Kenora (No. 23);
“seasonal dwelling” means a building containing only one dwelling unit used for recreation and not occupied as a permanent residence. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 1.
2. This Order applies to the land on Harbour Island in Sand Lake, in the Territorial District of Kenora, being composed of Parcels Numbers 6 and 7 on Island Location TD 83, more particularly described as Lots 1 to 6 inclusive, and Block 7 on Plan 23M-910 registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Titles Division of Kenora (No. 23). O. Reg. 515/96, s. 1.
3. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of buildings or structures is prohibited on lots 1 to 6 inclusive on Plan 23M-910, except one seasonal dwelling and one guest cabin per lot, and uses, buildings and structures accessory to a seasonal dwelling. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 3.
4. No structure shall be located within 20 metres of the shoreline except for docks, saunas and boathouses. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 4.
5. Every use of land and every erection, location or use of buildings or structures is prohibited on Block 7 on Plan 23M–910, except conservation and open space. O. Reg. 515/96, s. 2.
6. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of buildings or structures shall be in accordance with this Order. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 6 (1).
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure, for any use prohibited by this Order if the land, building or structure is lawfully so used on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 6 (2).
(3) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 6 (3).
(4) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of all or part of any building or structure. O. Reg. 213/96, s. 6 (4).