O. Reg. 147/97: TOLL DEVICESSkip to content
Highway Traffic Act
Code de la route
ONTARIO REGULATION 147/97
Historical version for the period April 28, 1997 to January 30, 2014.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. The following toll devices are prescribed for the purposes of section 191.2 of the Act:
1. A toll device that bears the trademark “ETR Express Toll Route” and either the trademark “Mark IV” and the label “Heavy Vehicle 4” or the trademark “Delco Electronics” and the label “4”.
2. A toll device that bears the trademarks “Advantage 75” and “Delco Electronics” and the label “Type III RS – 232”. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 1.
2. (1) Where a toll device is required, it shall be mounted at least 5 centimetres from any metal object. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 2 (1).
(2) Where a toll device is required, it shall be mounted on the inside of the front windshield of the vehicle, in the centre of the windshield, such that the top of the toll device is at least 5 centimetres and not more than 10 centimetres from the top of the windshield. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 2 (2).
(3) Despite subsection (2), if the vehicle’s front windshield is divided in the centre by a vertical metal strip, the toll device shall be mounted as described in that subsection except that it shall be located at least 5 centimetres to the right of the vertical metal strip. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 2 (3).
3. (1) Subject to subsection (2), all vehicles are exempt from the application of section 191.2 of the Act. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 3 (1).
(2) Section 191.2 of the Act applies to all heavy vehicles except those that are emergency vehicles as defined in subsection 144 (1) of the Act, road building machines and motor vehicles registered to the Department of National Defence. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 3 (2).
(3) In this section,
“heavy vehicle” means a vehicle that has a gross weight or a registered gross weight greater than 5,000 kilograms. O. Reg. 147/97, s. 3 (3).