O. Reg. 173/97: RESTRUCTURING COMMISSION FOR THE TOWN OF AMHERSTBURG, THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDERDON AND THE TOWNSHIP OF MALDENSkip to content
|revoked or spent January 1, 2004|
Loi sur les municipalités
ONTARIO REGULATION 173/97
RESTRUCTURING COMMISSION FOR THE TOWN OF AMHERSTBURG, THE TOWNSHIP OF ANDERDON AND THE TOWNSHIP OF MALDEN
Note: This Regulation became spent some time before January 1, 2004.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. A commission is established to develop a restructuring proposal for the locality comprised of the geographic areas of the Town of Amherstburg, the Township of Anderdon and the Township of Malden within the County of Essex. O. Reg. 173/97, s. 1.
2. The Commission shall be composed of one member to be appointed by the Minister. O. Reg. 173/97, s. 2.
3. (1) The following are the types of restructuring that may be included in the restructuring proposal to be developed by the Commission:
1. Amalgamating local municipalities or annexing to a local municipality a part of a local municipality.
2. Dissolving all or part of a local municipality.
3. Incorporating a local municipality.
(2) Subsection (1) does not include a restructuring that results in,
(a) any part of a county not being part of a local municipality;
(b) any part of a local municipality being a part of a county if any other part of the local municipality is not part of that county; or
(c) an increase in the number of local municipalities.
(3) Subsection (1) does not include a restructuring of a municipality outside the locality described in section 1. O. Reg. 173/97, s. 3.
4. The Commission is authorized to determine its costs and to apportion its costs among the municipalities in the locality described in section 1. O. Reg. 173/97, s. 4.