O. Reg. 90/98: PRINCIPALS AND VICE-PRINCIPALS - REDUNDANCY AND REASSIGNMENTSkip to content
|current||April 1, 1998 – (e-Laws currency date)|
ONTARIO REGULATION 90/98
PRINCIPALS AND VICE-PRINCIPALS — REDUNDANCY AND REASSIGNMENT
Consolidation Period: From April 1, 1998 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
(2) This Regulation applies when any of the following positions is declared to be redundant:
1. Principal or vice-principal of continuing education courses and classes that are offered for credit during the day on instructional days.
2. Principal or vice-principal who administers the board’s program of continuing education courses and classes that are offered for credit. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 1 (2).
(3) This Regulation does not apply when the position of principal or vice-principal of continuing education courses and classes that is not described in subsection (2) is declared to be redundant. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 1 (3).
(4) A position is redundant if the board decides that the position is no longer required because of,
(a) the implementation of a restructuring plan that eliminates the position or merges it with another position;
(b) a reduction in the number of classes or schools of the board; or
(c) a change in the board’s duties under any Act. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 1 (4).
(2) The notice must be given at least 90 days before the date on which the position becomes redundant. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 2 (2).
(3) The notice must specify the date on which the position becomes redundant. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 2 (3).
(4) The board may rescind the notice at any time. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 2 (4).
(5) Revoked: O. Reg. 90/98, s. 2 (6).
(6) Spent: O. Reg. 90/98, s. 2 (6).
(2) The principal or vice-principal may be assigned to a position in a teachers’ bargaining unit if the position is vacant after the procedures under the applicable collective agreement for filling it have been exhausted. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 3 (2).
(3) The assignment takes effect on the date on which the principal’s or vice-principal’s position becomes redundant, or on such other date as the board and the principal or vice-principal may agree upon. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 3 (3).
1. For one year after he or she begins work in the new position, he or she is entitled to be paid the salary that he or she would have been paid as principal or vice-principal. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 5.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply if the principal or vice-principal is assigned to a position in which he or she is employed, other than as a principal or vice-principal, to teach. O. Reg. 90/98, s. 5.
5. Spent: O. Reg. 90/98, s. 5.
6. Omitted (provides for coming into force of provisions of this Regulation). O. Reg. 90/98, s. 6.