O. Reg. 173/98: HEALTH FRAUDSkip to content
|current||April 24, 1998 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Health Insurance Act
Loi sur l’assurance-santé
ONTARIO REGULATION 173/98
Consolidation Period: From April 24, 1998 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. (1) The following persons are prescribed for the purposes of subsections 11.1 (2) and 43.1 (1) of the Act:
1. A physician, a registered nurse of the extended class, a member of the College of Chiropodists of Ontario who is a podiatrist, a member of the College of Chiropractors of Ontario, the College of Midwives of Ontario, the College of Optometrists of Ontario or the Royal College of Dental Surgeons of Ontario or an operator of a physiotherapy facility listed in Schedule 5 to Regulation 552 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990.
2. An employee of a person named in paragraph 1 whose employment is related to the provision of insured services by that person.
3. A person who, under a contract with any person named in paragraph 1, performs services that are related to the provision of insured services.
4. A person who is employed in the provision of insured services in,
i. a hospital under the Public Hospitals Act or Private Hospitals Act,
ii. a facility whose primary function is the provision of insured services, or
iii. a laboratory or specimen collection centre licensed under the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act.
5. A person who, under a contract, performs services that are related to the provision of insured services and performed in a place described in paragraph 4. O. Reg. 173/98, s. 1 (1).
(2) In paragraph 1 of subsection (1),
“registered nurse of the extended class” means a member of the College of Nurses of Ontario who is a registered nurse and who holds an extended certificate of registration under the Nursing Act, 1991. O. Reg. 173/98, s. 1 (2).
2. An insured person is a prescribed person for the purposes of subsection 43.1 (5) of the Act. O. Reg. 173/98, s. 2.
3. Omitted (revokes other Regulations). O. Reg. 173/98, s. 3.