O. Reg. 176/98: COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENTS - METHODS OF CALCULATIONSkip to content
Family Responsibility and Support Arrears Enforcement Act, 1996
ONTARIO REGULATION 176/98
COST OF LIVING ADJUSTMENTS — METHODS OF CALCULATION
Consolidation Period: From September 6, 2007 to the e-Laws currency date.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. The following manners of calculating cost of living adjustments required by a support order or a support deduction order are prescribed for the purposes of subsections 7 (4) to (7) of the Act:
1. A calculation made by applying cost of living adjustment factors derived from any part of the Consumer Price Index.
2. A calculation made by applying either the greater or the lesser of,
i. a percentage change in the payor’s or recipient’s income, and
ii. a percentage change in the Consumer Price Index,
as specified in the support order or support deduction order.
3. A calculation made by applying a rate of increase or decrease specified in the support order or support deduction order.
4. A calculation made in accordance with the methods specified in Quebec legislation dealing with cost of living adjustments to support orders.
5. A calculation made by applying the indexing factor applied by an income source to the payor’s wages, salary, pension or other income. O. Reg. 176/98, s. 1; O. Reg. 534/07, s. 1.