O. Reg. 486/98: CALCULATION OF AMOUNT OF RESERVE RESULTING FROM STRIKE OR LOCK-OUTSkip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 486/98
CALCULATION OF AMOUNT OF RESERVE RESULTING FROM STRIKE OR LOCK-OUT
Historical version for the period August 27, 1998 to June 3, 2010.
This is the English version of a bilingual regulation.
1. (1) The amount that a board shall place in a reserve under section 233 of the Act shall be calculated as follows:
1. Determine the total of the salaries, wages and fringe benefits,
i. that are in effect on the day that the strike or lock-out commences,
ii. that are included in the estimates of the board in the fiscal year, and
iii. that are not payable, or are payable but reimbursable, to or in respect of employees of the board, or any class of them, in respect of the period of a strike by or lock-out of those employees, or any such class of them, that occurs in the fiscal year.
2. Subtract from that amount the expenditures incurred in the fiscal year by the board that are approved by the Minister. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (1).
(2) The Minister shall approve expenditures under paragraph 2 of subsection (1) if they are necessarily incurred by the board in connection with the strike or lock-out and the amount of those expenditures is reasonable in the circumstances. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (2).
(3) If actual financial data required for a calculation under this Regulation are not available when the calculation is required to be made, estimated data shall be used. O. Reg. 486/98, s. 1 (3).