O. Reg. 543/98: RESTRUCTURING COMMISSION FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF MAGNETAWAN, TOWNSHIP OF HAGERMAN AND GEOGRAPHIC TOWNSHIPS OF BURTON, EAST BURPEE, FERGUSON, FERRIE, MCKENZIE AND SPENCESkip to content
|revoked or spent January 1, 2004|
Loi sur les municipalités
ONTARIO REGULATION 543/98
RESTRUCTURING COMMISSION FOR THE TOWNSHIP OF MAGNETAWAN, TOWNSHIP OF HAGERMAN AND GEOGRAPHIC TOWNSHIPS OF BURTON, EAST BURPEE, FERGUSON, FERRIE, MCKENZIE AND SPENCE
Note: This Regulation became spent some time before January 1, 2004.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. A commission is established to develop a restructuring proposal for the locality described as the Township of Magnetawan, the Township of Hagerman and the geographic townships of Burton, East Burpee, Ferguson, Ferrie, McKenzie and Spence. O. Reg. 543/98, s. 1.
2. The commission shall be composed of one member to be appointed by the Minister. O. Reg. 543/98, s. 2.
3. (1) The following are the types of restructuring that may be included in the restructuring proposal to be developed by the commission:
1. Annexing part of a local municipality to another local municipality.
2. Amalgamating local municipalities.
3. Incorporating a local municipality.
4. Dissolving all or part of a local municipality.
5. Annexing unorganized territory to a municipality.
(2) Subsection (1) does not include a restructuring that results in,
(a) an increase in the number of local municipalities;
(b) territory becoming unorganized territory;
(c) unorganized territory becoming part of a municipality that is newly incorporated under paragraph 3 of subsection (1).
(3) Subsection (1) does not include a restructuring of a municipality outside the locality described in section 1. O. Reg. 543/98, s. 3.
4. The Commission is authorized to determine its costs and to apportion its costs among the municipalities in the locality described in section 1. O. Reg. 543/98, s. 4.