O. Reg. 573/98: ZONING AREAS - GEOGRAPHIC TOWNSHIP OF EAST MILLS, TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF PARRY SOUND
under Planning Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. P.13Skip to content
|revoked or spent June 14, 2011|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 573/98
ZONING AREAS — GEOGRAPHIC TOWNSHIP OF EAST MILLS, TERRITORIAL DISTRICT OF PARRY SOUND
Note: This Regulation was revoked on June 14, 2011. (See: O. Reg. 274/11, ss. 1, 2)
Last amendment: O. Reg. 274/11.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. In this Order,
“accessory”, when used to describe a use, building or structure, means a use, building or structure that is normally incidental or subordinate to the principal use, building or structure located on the same lot;
“dwelling unit” means one or more habitable rooms occupied or capable of being occupied as an independent and a separate housekeeping establishment in which separate kitchen and sanitary facilities are provided for the exclusive use of the occupants;
“guest cabin” means a building without kitchen and sanitary facilities that is accessory to the seasonal dwelling located on the same lot and used only for purposes of sleeping accommodation;
“lot” means a parcel of land shown as a lot or block on a registered plan of subdivision;
“lot area” means the total horizontal area within the lot lines of a lot;
“lot frontage” means the horizontal distance between parallel side lot lines of a lot or the distance between not parallel side lot lines of a lot measured on a line parallel to and 7.5 metres distant from the front lot line;
“seasonal dwelling” means a building containing only one dwelling unit capable of being occupied for recreational residential uses but not occupied as a permanent residence or home. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 1.
2. This Order applies to the land in the geographic Township of East Mills in the Territorial District of Parry Sound, being composed of part of Broken Lot 6 in Concession XI, more particularly described as Lots 8 to 10 inclusive, on Plan 42M–615 registered in the land registry office for the land titles division of Parry Sound (No. 42). O. Reg. 573/98, s. 2.
3. (1) Every use of land and every erection, location or use of buildings or structures is prohibited except one seasonal dwelling and one guest cabin per lot and uses, buildings and structures accessory to a seasonal dwelling and guest cabin. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 3 (1).
(2) No structures shall be located within 30 metres of the shoreline except for docks, saunas and boathouses. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 3 (2).
4. The requirements for buildings and structures, including accessory buildings and structures, permitted on the land described in section 2 are as follows:
Minimum lot frontage
Minimum lot area
O. Reg. 573/98, s. 4.
5. (1) Nothing in this Order prevents the reconstruction of any building or structure that is damaged or destroyed by causes beyond the control of the owner if the dimensions of the original building or structure are not increased or its original use altered. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 5 (1).
(2) Nothing in this Order prevents the strengthening or restoration to a safe condition of all or part of any building or structure. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 5 (2).
(3) No land to which this Order applies shall be used and no building or structure shall be erected or used except in accordance with the terms of this Order, but nothing in this Order prevents the use of any land, building or structure for any purpose prohibited by this Order if such land, building or structure was lawfully used for such purpose on the day this Order comes into force. O. Reg. 573/98, s. 5 (3).