O. Reg. 685/98: ZONING ORDER FOR SLOT MACHINES AT RACE TRACKS - TOWN OF MILTON (MOHAWK RACEWAY)Skip to content
|current||December 18, 1998 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Loi sur l’aménagement du territoire
ONTARIO REGULATION 685/98
ZONING ORDER FOR SLOT MACHINES AT RACE TRACKS — TOWN OF MILTON (MOHAWK RACEWAY)
Consolidation Period: From December 18, 1998 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. This Order applies to the land in the Town of Milton in the Regional Municipality of Halton, that is described in the Schedule, being all of the lands of the Mohawk Raceway. O. Reg. 685/98, s. 1.
2. (1) The following uses of the land and erections or uses of buildings or structures on the land are permitted:
1. The location, installation, operation and use of slot machines.
2. The erection, location and use of buildings and structures to provide for the use described in paragraph 1 .
3. The enlargement, alteration and extension of existing buildings or structures in order to provide for the use described in paragraph 1.
4. Such other uses, buildings and structures as may be permitted by a municipal by-law passed under section 34 of the Act. O. Reg. 685/98, s. 2 (1).
(2) Every other use of the land and every other erection or use of buildings or structures on the land is prohibited. O. Reg. 685/98, s. 2 (2).
(3) In this section,
“slot machine” means any automatic machine or slot machine,
(a) that is used or intended to be used for any purpose other than vending merchandise or services, or
(b) that is used or intended to be used for the purpose of vending merchandise or services if,
(i) the result of one of any number of operations of the machine is a matter of chance or uncertainty to the operator,
(ii) as a result of a given number of successive operations by the operator the machine produces different results, or
(iii) on any operation of the machine it discharges or emits a slug or token,
but does not include an automatic machine or slot machine that dispenses as prizes only one or more free games on that machine. O. Reg. 685/98, s. 2 (3).
The land referred to in section 1 of the Order is composed of the whole of Lots 8 and 9 in Concession III, save and except for the following:
Commencing at the most easterly angle of Lot 8;
Thence north 46 degrees 11 minutes 50 seconds west along the north-easterly limit of Lot 8, being the southwesterly limit of the allowance for road between Concessions III and IV, a distance of 2,035.50 feet to a standard iron bar found at the most northerly angle of Lot 8, being also the most easterly angle of Lot 9;
Thence north 46 degrees 4 minutes 40 seconds west along the north-easterly limit of Lot 9, being the southwesterly limit of the allowance for road between Concessions III and IV, a distance of 555.06 feet;
Thence south 43 degrees 55 minutes 20 seconds west, 27 feet to a standard iron bar planted;
Thence south 46 degrees 4 minutes 40 seconds east parallel to the northeasterly limit of Lot 9, a distance of 549.10 feet;
Thence south 48 degrees 11 minutes 60 seconds east parallel to the northeasterly limit of Lot 8, a distance of 629.98 feet to a standard iron bar planted;
Thence south 46 degrees 11 minutes 60 seconds east continuing along the parallel line, 570.94 feet to a standard iron bar found in the line between Lots 7 and 8 in the third concession;
Thence north 88 degrees 21 minutes 10 seconds east along the last mentioned limit, 27.12 feet more or less to the point of commencement.
Parts 6, 7 and 8 on Reference Plan 20R-11625.
That part of Lot 8 expropriated by Plan 685, registered in the Land Registry Office for the Land Registry Division of Halton (No. 20).
O. Reg. 685/98, Sched.