O. Reg. 318/99: LIVESTOCK AND LIVESTOCK PRODUCTSSkip to content
|current||May 6, 1999 – (e-Laws currency date)|
Livestock and Livestock Products Act
Loi sur le bétail et les produits du bétail
ONTARIO REGULATION 318/99
LIVESTOCK AND LIVESTOCK PRODUCTS
Consolidation Period: From May 6, 1999 to the e-Laws currency date.
This Regulation is made in English only.
1. All ruminants, porcine animals, equine animals, domesticated rabbits and birds are designated as livestock and all products that come from them are designated as livestock products. O. Reg. 318/99, s. 1.
2. A dealer is exempt from the requirement for a licence set out in section 2 of the Act unless the dealer requires a licence referred to in Regulation 724, 725, 726 or 727 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990. O. Reg. 318/99, s. 2.
3. (1) The following conditions apply with respect to all sales of livestock or livestock products:
1. A buyer is not required to pay for livestock or livestock products that are or have been contaminated.
2. A seller who receives, or is credited with, a payment that a buyer, by operation of paragraph 1, was not required to make, shall reimburse the buyer for the amount of the payment immediately upon discovering that the payment was not required to be made. O. Reg. 318/99, s. 3 (1).
(2) In this section,
“contaminated” means containing or having been treated with,
(a) a substance not permitted by, or in an amount in excess of limits prescribed under, the Food and Drugs Act (Canada), the Canadian Environmental Protection Act or the Pest Control Products Act (Canada),
(b) an ingredient, a food additive or any source of ionizing radiation not permitted by, or in an amount in excess of limits prescribed under, the Food and Drugs Act (Canada). O. Reg. 318/99, s. 3 (2).