O. Reg. 599/99: TAX MATTERS - REBATES FOR CHARITIES ON PROPERTY TO WHICH DIVISION C OF PART XXII.2 OF THE ACT APPLIESSkip to content
|revoked or spent January 1, 2004|
Loi sur les municipalités
ONTARIO REGULATION 599/99
TAX MATTERS — REBATES FOR CHARITIES ON PROPERTY TO WHICH DIVISION C OF PART XXII.2 OF THE ACT APPLIES
Note: This Regulation became spent some time before January 1, 2004.
This Regulation is made in English only.
Application of Regulation
1. This Regulation applies with respect to an eligible property for a year if,
(a) a rebate is required for an eligible charity that pays taxes on that property under paragraph 1 of subsection 442.1 (3) of the Act;
(b) Division C of Part XII.2 of the Act applies with respect to the property; and
(c) no rebate has been paid for that year in accordance with paragraph 2 of subsection 442.1 (3) of the Act. O. Reg. 599/99, s. 1.
Amount of Rebate
2. (1) Subject to subsection (2), for the purposes of subsection 442.1 (11.1.1) of the Act, the amount of the rebate with respect to the property may be determined in accordance with the following:
1. Determine the increase from 1997 level taxes for the property by subtracting the 1997 level taxes for the property, as determined under section 447.61 of the Act, from the maximum taxes for the property for the taxation year, as determined under subsection 447.59 (1) of the Act.
2. Determine the rentable area of the property to which Division C of Part XXII.2 of the Act applies.
3. Determine the charity’s proportion of the property by dividing that portion of the rentable area that is occupied by the charity by the total rentable area of the property.
4. Multiply the amount determined under paragraph 1 by the amount determined under paragraph 3 and multiply that product by 0.4.
5. The amount of the rebate shall be the lesser of the amount determined under paragraph 4 and the amount of taxes the charity pays with respect to that property for that year.
(2) No rebate shall be paid under subsection (1) with respect to a property for a year if the taxes for municipal and school purposes levied on the property for the year are less than the 1997-level taxes for the property, as determined under section 447.61 of the Act. O. Reg. 599/99, s. 2.
When Rebate Due
3. A rebate determined under section 2 shall be paid,
(a) for the 1998 or 1999 taxation year, on or before February 29, 2000; and
(b) for the 2000 taxation year, on or before June 30, 2000. O. Reg. 599/99, s. 3.