O. Reg. 134/00: GRADES, STANDARDS, DESIGNATIONS, CLASSES, PACKING AND MARKING
filed February 18, 2000 under Milk Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.12Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 134/00
made under the
Made: February 8, 2000
Filed: February 18, 2000
Amending Reg. 753 of R.R.O. 1990
(Grades, Standards, Designations, Classes, Packing and Marking)
Note: Since the end of 1998, Regulation 753 has been amended by Ontario Regulation 376/99. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations in the Statutes of Ontario, 1998.
1. Section 8 of Regulation 753 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
8. (1) A fluid milk product for retail sale must be in a container described in one of the following paragraphs, subject to the restrictions, if any, set out in the paragraph:
1. A container of any size that is 500 millilitres or smaller.
2. A container that is 625 millilitres.
3. A container that is 750 millilitres.
4. A container that is one litre.
5. A container that is two litres.
6. A container that is four litres or larger in increments of one litre.
7. A container of any size if the product in it is a milk beverage.
8. A glass bottle of any size if the processor who packages the product accepts bottles of that type after sale for refilling with a fluid milk product.
(2) In addition to the containers mentioned in subsection (1), unhomogenized milk may be sold or processed for sale to a consumer in a container of 20 litres or more containing no internal gradations.
Ontario Farm Products Marketing Commission:
Gloria Marco Borys
Dated on February 8, 2000.