O. Reg. 262/00: VEHICLE PERMITS
filed May 4, 2000 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ONTARIO REGULATION 262/00
made under the
Highway traffic Act
Made: March 21, 2000
Filed: May 4, 2000
Amending Reg. 628 of R.R.O. 1990
Note: Since the end of 1998, Regulation 628 has been amended by Ontario Regulations 71/99, 254/99, 299/99, 437/99, 87/00, 146/00 and 193/00. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations in the Statutes of Ontario, 1998.
1. Section 5.1 of Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following subsections:
(3) Subject to subsection (2), a permit is validated until the expiry date set out on it and, after renewal, a permit is validated until the first, second or third anniversary date of the original expiry date, as set out on the renewed permit.
(4) Subsection (3) does not apply to a permit to which subsection 8.1 (8) applies.
2. Section 18 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(4) Upon renewal, the fee for validation of a permit referred to in Schedule 5 for less than 12 months shall be the fee payable for 12 months and the fee for validation of a permit referred to in Schedule 5 for more than 12 months but less than 24 months shall be the fee payable for 24 months.
(5) Despite subsection (4), if a person demonstrates to the Ministry that it was not possible to operate the vehicle during any period before the application for renewal was made, the Ministry shall refund to the person the difference between the amount paid for renewal of the permit validation and the amount payable under Schedule 5 for the number of months for which the vehicle could be operated, less a $5 administrative fee.
(6) Subsection (4) does not apply to a person who surrenders plates for a permit referred to in Schedule 5 to the Ministry three or more months prior to the end of a period of validation purchased on renewal; the Ministry shall refund to such person in respect of the remaining months of validation an amount equal to the fee for that number of months under the appropriate permit number in Schedule 5, less a $5 administrative fee.
(7) Subsections (1) and (3) apply, and subsection (4) does not apply, to,
(a) a permit to which subsection 8.1 (8) applies;
(b) a Dealer and Service permit; and
(c) a permit for which the anniversary date of its expiry date has been changed.
3. This Regulation comes into force on May 15, 2000.