O. Reg. 547/00: ADMINISTRATION AND COST SHARING
filed September 29, 2000 under Ontario Works Act, 1997, S.O. 1997, c. 25, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 547/00
made under the
ontario works act, 1997
Made: September 27, 2000
Filed: September 29, 2000
Amending O. Reg. 135/98
(Administration and Cost Sharing)
1. Subsection 7 (1) of Ontario Regulation 135/98 is amended by striking out “Subject to subsections (2), (2.1) and (3)” at the beginning and substituting “Subject to subsections (2), (2.1), (3), 15 (3), 15 (6) and 15 (8)”.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Intake Screening Units
15. (1) The Director may establish a catchment area consisting of one or more geographic areas designated by the Minister under section 37 of the Act, and may appoint a delivery agent to serve as the intake screening unit for that catchment area.
(2) The Director may alter or cancel a catchment area established under subsection (1), and may revoke an appointment made under that subsection.
(3) The Director may withhold part of the amount payable to a delivery agent under section 7, if the delivery agent fails to comply with delivery standards set by the Director under clause 48 (1) (a) of the Act regarding,
(a) the administration of the two-stage application process for basic financial assistance referred to in sections 20.1 to 20.7 of Ontario Regulation 134/98; or
(b) the establishment and operation of intake screening units.
(4) The amount that may be withheld under subsection (3) shall be equal to the costs Ontario incurred as a result of the delivery agent’s failure to comply with the standards mentioned in clause (3) (a) or (b), as determined by the Director.
(5) Subject to subsection (7), Ontario shall pay 50 per cent of the intake screening unit’s reasonable cost of administration, as approved by the Director.
(6) For each delivery agent, other than the delivery agent serving as the intake screening unit, the amount payable to the delivery agent under section 7 shall be reduced in accordance with the following rules:
1. The Director shall determine the percentage of the total average annual caseload of benefit units, for which the delivery agent is responsible, for the part of the catchment area that is not in territory without municipal organization.
2. The percentage calculated under paragraph 1 shall be divided by two.
3. The amount of the reduction shall be the percentage calculated under paragraph 2 multiplied by the intake screening unit’s cost referred to in subsection (5).
(7) If an intake screening unit serves territory without municipal organization, Ontario shall pay 100 per cent of the intake screening unit’s reasonable cost of administration in respect of that service, as approved by the Director.
(8) The total reductions made in respect of a catchment area in accordance with subsection (6) and the payments determined under subsections (5) and (7) shall be added to the amount payable under section 7 to the delivery agent that is serving as the intake screening unit for the catchment area.
(9) In this section,
“intake screening unit” means a delivery agent appointed by the Director under subsection (1) to conduct the first stage of the two-stage application process for basic financial assistance referred to in clause 20.2 (4) (a) of Ontario Regulation 134/98, on behalf of another delivery agent in the catchment area, in accordance with an agreement made under section 5 of Ontario Regulation 136/98.
3. This Regulation shall be deemed to have come into force on September 1, 2000.