O. Reg. 561/00: PROVINCIAL INTEREST
filed October 12, 2000 under Municipal Elections Act, 1996, S.O. 1996, c. 32, Sched.Skip to content
ontario regulation 561/00
made under the
municipal elections act, 1996
Made: October 12, 2000
Filed: October 12, 2000
Amending O. Reg. 425/00
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 425/00 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
(2) Section 1 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(4) Despite subsection (1), The Corporation of the Town of Ajax may ask the following question at the 2000 regular election:
Are you in favour of the Town of Ajax initiating negotiations on amalgamation with the City of Pickering?
(5) Despite subsection (1), The Corporation of the Town of Whitby may ask the following question at the 2000 regular election:
Are you in favour of the Town of Whitby initiating negotiations on amalgamation with other municipalities in The Regional Municipality of Durham?
(6) For the purposes of this section,
“municipal restructuring” means,
(a) annexing part of a municipality to another municipality,
(b) annexing a geographic area that does not form part of a municipality to a municipality,
(c) amalgamating a municipality with another municipality,
(d) separating a local municipality from an upper-tier municipality for municipal purposes,
(e) joining a local municipality to an upper-tier municipality for municipal purposes,
(f) dissolving all or part of a municipality,
(g) incorporating the inhabitants of a geographic area as a municipality whether or not the area or any part of the area forms part of a municipality before the incorporation.
Minister of Municipal Affairs and Housing
Dated on October 12, 2000.