O. Reg. 569/00: RED LIGHT CAMERA SYSTEM EVIDENCE
filed October 20, 2000 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 569/00
made under the
highway traffic act
Made: September 20, 2000
Filed: October 20, 2000
Amending O. Reg. 277/99
(Red Light Camera System Evidence)
1. Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 277/99 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) For the purposes of Part XIV.2 of the Act,
(a) any form of electronically recorded image,
(b) a reproduction of all or part of a photograph, and
(c) an enlargement of all or part of a photograph.
2. Subsection 2 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) For the purposes of Part XIV.2 of the Act, a red light camera system is the combination of one or more cameras and other equipment known as the Gatsometer RLC, model number 36mST-MC-GL4-ONT, that is installed at an intersection controlled by a traffic control signal such that,
(a) it is capable of photographing all or part of the intersection; and
(b) it takes a first photograph of a vehicle when the vehicle approaches the intersection at or above a detectable speed when a red indication is shown and it then takes one or more further photographs in succession.
3. Subsection 3 (5) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(5) In order to be received in evidence, an enlargement of a photograph must clearly show the number plate of the vehicle that is the subject of the photograph and as much of the rest of the photograph as is necessary to show that the enlargement is of part of that photograph.
(6) Despite subsections (1), (2) and (3), an enlargement or reproduction of a photograph or part of a photograph taken by a red light camera system is not required to show or have superimposed on it any information, if the enlargement or reproduction is tendered in evidence together with the photograph of which it is an enlargement or reproduction that does show or have superimposed on it the information required by those subsections.
(7) If a defendant who has been served with an offence notice based on evidence obtained through the use of a red light camera system does not give notice of intention to appear, it is not necessary to file any photograph in court.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day section 4 of the Red Light Cameras Pilot Projects Act, 1998 is proclaimed in force.