O. Reg. 184/01: GENERAL
filed May 31, 2001 under Motorized Snow Vehicles Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.44Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 184/01
made under the
Motorized snow vehicles act
Made: May 30, 2001
Filed: May 31, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 16, 2001
Amending Reg. 804 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 17 of Regulation 804 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
17. (1) This section applies to every motorized snow vehicle in operation,
(a) at any time from one-half hour before sunset to one-half hour after sunrise; or
(b) when, because of insufficient light or unfavourable atmospheric conditions, persons and vehicles are not clearly visible at a distance of up to 150 metres.
(2) Every vehicle to which this section applies must have,
(a) at least one head lamp on the front of the vehicle showing a white or amber light only; and
(b) one tail lamp on the rear of the vehicle showing a red light only.
(3) Every lamp required by subsection (2) must be clearly visible at a distance of at least 150 metres from the front or rear of the vehicle, as the case may be.
17.1 Every motorized snow vehicle must, at all times, have one working head lamp and one working tail lamp capable of complying with the requirements of section 17.
17.2 (1) Every cutter, toboggan, sled or similar conveyance towed by a motorized snow vehicle must have,
(a) one yellow reflex reflector on each side at the front;
(b) one red reflex reflector on each side at the rear; and
(c) one or two red reflex reflectors on the rear.
(2) The reflex reflectors required by subsection (1) must comply with the Society of Automotive Engineers Standard J594May89, Reflex Reflectors.
2. Section 20 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
20. The helmet worn by a person who drives a motorized snow vehicle or rides on a motorized snow vehicle or on a cutter, toboggan, sled or similar conveyance towed by a motorized snow vehicle must comply with the standards set out in the regulations made under the Highway Traffic Act for helmets used while riding or operating a motorcycle or motor assisted bicycle.
3. Section 25 of the Regulation is revoked.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day section 3 of the Motorized Snow Vehicles Amendment Act, 2000 comes into force.