O. Reg. 199/01: THE IMO
filed June 15, 2001 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 199/01
made under the
electricity act, 1998
Made: June 13, 2001
Filed: June 15, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 30, 2001
Amending O. Reg. 610/98
1. (1) Subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 610/98 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) Sixteen directors shall be appointed by the Minister to the IMO’s board of directors under clause 7 (2) (b) of the Act.
(2) Subsection 1 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(2) Of the 16 directors referred to in subsection (1),
. . . . .
(3) Clause 1 (2) (h) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(h) seven must be persons who are appointed as independent directors and not as representatives of any class of persons.
2. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
3. (1) Subject to section 1, if a vacancy exists among the directors of the IMO appointed under clause 7 (2) (b) of the Act, the Minister shall appoint a person to fill the vacancy from a list of persons nominated in accordance with the Governance and Structure By-law.
(2) The Minister may, before appointing a person to fill a vacancy, require that additional persons be nominated in accordance with the Governance and Structure By-law.
(3) This section does not apply if a director is reappointed under section 2.