O. Reg. 443/01: DEFINITIONS AND EXEMPTIONS
filed November 30, 2001 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 443/01
made under the
ontario energy board act, 1998
Made: November 28, 2001
Filed: November 30, 2001
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 15, 2001
Amending O. Reg. 161/99
(Definitions and Exemptions)
Note: Since the end of 2000, Ontario Regulation 161/99 has been amended by Ontario Regulation 341/01. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations published in The Ontario Gazette dated January 20, 2001.
1. Ontario Regulation 161/99 is amended by adding the following section:
4.0.1 (1) A distributor is exempt from clause 57 (a) of the Act if the distributor owns or operates a distribution system that is entirely located on land on which one or more of the following types of buildings or facilities is also located:
1. A building that forms part of a property as defined in the Condominium Act, 1998.
2. A residential complex as defined in the Tenant Protection Act, 1997.
3. An industrial, commercial or office building.
4. A university, a college of applied arts and technology established under the Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act or another post-secondary institution.
5. A school or private school as defined in the Education Act.
6. A hospital as defined in the Public Hospitals Act, a private hospital as defined in the Private Hospitals Act or an institution as defined in the Mental Hospitals Act.
7. A shopping mall.
8. An airport.
9. A marina.
(2) A distributor is exempt from clause 57 (a) of the Act if the distributor owns or operates a distribution system that is entirely located on land owned or leased by the distributor.
(3) A distributor that is not incorporated under section 48 or 142 of the Electricity Act, 1998 is exempt from clause 57 (a) of the Act until March 1, 2002.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day clause 57 (a) of the Act comes into force.