O. Reg. 22/02: SUBMISSION OF ACCOUNTS
filed January 25, 2002 under Health Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.6Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 22/02
made under the
health insurance act
Made: January 23, 2002
Filed: January 25, 2002
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: February 9, 2002
submission of accounts
1. In this Regulation,
“in-patient” means a person admitted to and assigned a bed in a hospital in-patient area.
Time limits for submitting accounts
2. A physician, practitioner, health facility or, in the case of a patient who is billed directly, the patient shall submit an account for an insured service to the General Manager no later than the following:
1. For insured services rendered in Ontario, no later than six months after the service is rendered.
2. For insured services rendered outside Ontario,
i. no later than 12 months after the date of the patient’s discharge for services rendered to in-patients, and
ii. in all other cases, no later than 12 months after the service is rendered.
3. Paragraph 2 of section 2 does not apply to services rendered outside Ontario that are approved by the General Manager for payment before the service is rendered.
4. This Regulation applies to accounts submitted in respect of insured services rendered on or after January 1, 2002.
5. This Regulation shall be deemed to have come into force on January 1, 2002.