O. Reg. 283/02: MANUFACTURERS' LICENCES
filed October 2, 2002 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 283/02
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: September 18, 2002
Filed: October 2, 2002
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 19, 2002
Amending Reg. 720 of R.R.O. 1990
Note: Since the end of 2001, Regulation 720 has been amended by Ontario Regulation 248/02. Previous amendments are listed in the Table of Regulations published in The Ontario Gazette dated January 19, 2002.
1. Subsection 3 (2) of Regulation 720 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Despite subsection (1), a manufacturer may give liquor to a person if the purpose of the gift is to have the person sample a brand or product or to carry out market research and, in such cases, the manufacturer shall ensure that the sampling and research are conducted in accordance with the guidelines on sampling and market research issued by the Registrar of Alcohol and Gaming.
2. (1) Subsection 5 (2) of the Regulation is amended by striking out the portion before clause (a) and substituting the following:
(2) Except for public service advertising, a manufacturer may advertise or promote liquor or the availability of liquor only if the advertising,
. . . . .
(2) Clauses 5 (2) (e) and (f) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
(e) does not associate consumption of liquor with driving a motorized vehicle, or with any other activity that requires care and skill or has elements of danger;
(f) does not depict motorized vehicles in motion in advertising showing consumption of liquor, unless the motorized vehicle is a form of public transportation;