O. Reg. 379/02: VEHICLE PERMITS
filed December 17, 2002 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 379/02
made under the
Highway traffic act
Made: December 11, 2002
Filed: December 17, 2002
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 4, 2003
Amending Reg. 628 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 1 of Regulation 628 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following definition:
“reassembled motor vehicle” means a motor vehicle assembled using the body of a motor vehicle with a model year of 1981 or later and the chassis frame assembly of another motor vehicle, both of which were manufactured utilizing a full frame assembly as part of the vehicle’s structure;
2. (1) Subsection 2 (1) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “It is a requirement for receiving a permit for a used motor vehicle” at the beginning and substituting “It is a requirement for receiving a permit for a used motor vehicle or for a motor vehicle classified as salvage or rebuilt”.
(2) Subsection 2 (8) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(8) Where a permit marked “unfit motor vehicle” has been issued for a vehicle, nothing in subsection (2) shall be construed so as to allow a permit that is not marked “unfit motor vehicle” to be issued for the vehicle unless the applicant submits a safety standards certificate issued upon an inspection of the vehicle that was completed within the preceding 36 days.
3. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
2.1 (1) It is a requirement for receiving a permit for a motor vehicle for the first time after it was reclassified as rebuilt under subsection 199.1 (22) of the Act that the applicant submit a structural inspection certificate issued for the vehicle.
(2) Subsection (1) does not apply to a motor vehicle for which the applicant held, at any time in the 12 months immediately before the application for the permit is made, a currently validated permit issued under the Act for the vehicle and that is registered in another jurisdiction at the time of the application for the permit.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the day section 199.1 of the Act is proclaimed in force.