O. Reg. 38/03: SAFETY HELMETS
filed February 11, 2003 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ONTARIO regulation 38/03
made under the
Highway traffic act
Made: December 11, 2002
Filed: February 11, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 1, 2003
Amending Reg. 610 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Paragraphs 1 to 9 of subsection 4 (1) of Regulation 610 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 are revoked and the following substituted:
1. Canadian Standards Association CAN/CSA D113.2-M89 (Cycling Helmets).
2. Snell Memorial Foundation B-95 (1995 Standard for Protective Headgear for Use with Bicycles).
3. Snell Memorial Foundation B-90 (1990 Standard for Protective Headgear for Use in Bicycling).
4. Snell Memorial Foundation B-90S (1994 Supplementary Standard for Protective Headgear for Use with Bicycles).
5. American National Standards Institute ANSI Z90.4-1984 (American National Standard for Protective Headgear for Bicyclists).
6. American Society for Testing and Materials ASTM F1447-94 (Standard Specification for Protective Headgear Used in Bicycling).
7. British Standards Institute BS 6863:1989 (British Standard Specification for Pedal Cyclists’ Helmets).
8. Standards Association of Australia AS 2063.2-1990 (Part 2: Helmets for Pedal Cyclists).
9. Snell Memorial Foundation N-94 (1994 Standard for Protective Headgear: for Use in Non-Motorized Sports).
10. United States Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) 16 CFR Part 1203 Safety Standards for Bicycle Helmets.
(2) Subsection 4 (3) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(3) A reference to a standard in subsection (1) includes any amendments made to the standard, whether made before or after February 11, 2003.