O. Reg. 172/03: DEFINITIONS OF “DEFICIENCY” AND “MUNICIPAL DRINKING-WATER SYSTEM”
filed May 2, 2003 under Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002, S.O. 2002, c. 32Skip to content
Ontario regulation 172/03
made under the
safe drinking water act, 2002
Made: May 2, 2003
Filed: May 2, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 17, 2003
definitions of “Deficiency” and
“Municipal drinking-water system”
1. A violation of any of the following provisions is prescribed as a deficiency for the purposes of the Act, including the definition of “deficiency” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act, if, in the opinion of the Director, the violation poses a drinking-water health hazard:
1. Subsection 18 (1) of the Act.
2. Schedules 1, 2 and 6 to 18 to Ontario Regulation 170/03 (Drinking-Water Systems).
“Municipal Drinking-Water System”
2. The following class is prescribed for the purposes of clause (d) of the definition of “municipal drinking-water system” in subsection 2 (1) of the Act:
1. A drinking-water system or part of a drinking-water system that serves a major residential development and is established after this Regulation comes into force under an agreement with a municipality pursuant to Part VI of the Planning Act, if the agreement provides that ownership of the system may be transferred to the municipality, a municipal service board established under section 195 of the Municipal Act, 2001 or a corporation established under section 203 of the Municipal Act, 2001.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day subsection 2 (1) of the Safe Drinking Water Act, 2002 comes into force.
Minister of the Environment
Dated on May 2, 2003.