O. Reg. 380/03: STATUTORY ACCIDENT BENEFITS SCHEDULE - ACCIDENTS ON OR AFTER NOVEMBER 1, 1996
filed September 18, 2003 under Insurance Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. I.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 380/03
made under the
Made: September 16, 2003
Filed: September 18, 2003
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 4, 2003
Amending O. Reg. 403/96
(Statutory Accident Benefits Schedule — Accidents on or after November 1, 1996)
1. Subparagraph 2 i of subsection 7 (1) of Ontario Regulation 403/96 is revoked and the following substituted:
i. $300, if the income replacement benefit is payable to the person pursuant to a motor vehicle liability policy issued or renewed on or after January 1, 2004 or out of the Motor Vehicle Accident Claims Fund in respect of an accident that occurs on or after January 1, 2004, or $400, in any other case.
2. Paragraph 1 of subsection 27 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
1. An optional income replacement benefit that fixes the amount referred to in subparagraph ii of paragraph 2 of subsection 7 (1) at $400, $600, $800 or $1,000, as selected by the named insured under the policy, for the purpose of determining the weekly amount of an income replacement benefit.
3. Subsections 68 (4) and (5) of the Regulation, as made by section 33 of Ontario Regulation 281/03, are revoked and the following substituted:
(4) If an attempt is made to personally deliver a document to a person at his or her place of residence and, for any reason, it is not possible to personally deliver the document to the person, the document may be delivered by leaving a copy, in a sealed envelope addressed to the person, at the person’s place of residence with anyone who appears to be an adult member of the same household.
(5) In the absence of evidence to the contrary, a person is deemed to receive anything delivered by letter mail, certified mail or registered mail under clause (2) (d) on the fifth business day after the day the document is mailed in accordance with clause (2) (d).
4. (1) Sections 1 and 2 come into force on January 1, 2004.
(2) Section 3 comes into force on October 1, 2003.