O. Reg. 272/04: ELECTRICAL DISTRIBUTION SAFETY
filed August 27, 2004 under Electricity Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. ASkip to content
ontario regulation 272/04
made under the
electricity act, 1998
Made: August 9, 2004
Approved: August 25, 2004
Filed: August 27, 2004
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 11, 2004
Amending O. Reg. 22/04
(Electrical Distribution Safety)
1. Subsection 2 (2) of Ontario Regulation 22/04 is revoked and the following substituted:
(2) Sections 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 13 apply with respect to distribution systems that are designed or come into existence on or after February 11, 2004 and with respect to distribution systems that existed before that date in respect of repairs, alterations or extensions made to those systems.
2. Clause 7 (1) (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “certified” before “by an engineering technologist”.
3. The definition of “serious electrical incident” in subsection 12 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
“serious electrical incident” means,
(a) any electrical contact that caused death or critical injury to a person,
(b) any inadvertent contact with any part of a distribution system operating at 750 volts or above that caused or had the potential to cause death or critical injury to a person,
(c) any fire or explosion in any part of a distribution system operating at 750 volts or above that caused or had the potential to cause death or critical injury to a person, except a fire or explosion caused by lightning strike.
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on filing.
(2) Section 2 comes into force on February 11, 2005.
Electrical Safety Authority:
R. M. Stelzer
President & CEO
J. A. McTavish
Vice President & General Counsel
Date made: August 9, 2004.