O. Reg. 434/04: GENERAL
filed December 21, 2004 under Liquor Licence Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 434/04
made under the
Liquor Licence Act
Made: December 8, 2004
Filed: December 21, 2004
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: January 8, 2005
Amending Reg. 718 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Regulation 718 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following section:
Warning Regarding Consumption of Alcohol During Pregnancy
26.1 (1) The warning sign referred to in subsection 30.1 (1) of the Act shall be in the form posted on the web site of the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services (www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/english/pdf/warningsign.pdf) and bearing the words “WARNING: Drinking alcohol during pregnancy can cause birth defects and brain damage to your baby”.
(2) In addition to the warning sign referred to in subsection (1), the warning sign may be in French and if a warning sign in French is used, it shall be in the form posted on the web site of the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services (www.cbs.gov.on.ca/mcbs/francais/pdf/warningsign_fr.pdf) and bearing the words “AVERTISSEMENT: La consommation d’alcool pendant la grossesse peut occasionner des anomalies congénitales et des lésions cérébrales à votre bébé”.
(3) The warning sign shall be at least 8 inches by 10 inches in size.
(4) The following premises are required to display the warning sign:
1. Premises to which a licence to sell liquor applies.
2. Premises to which a licence to operate a brew on premise facility applies.
3. A government store.
(5) The warning sign shall be prominently displayed and visible to patrons, as follows:
1. On premises with a licence to sell liquor, in a location where liquor is sold and served.
2. On premises with a licence to operate a brew on premise facility, in a location where persons make beer or wine.
3. In a government store, in a location where liquor is purchased.
(6) The reference to the warning sign incorporated by reference under subsections (1) and (2) includes amendments made to the sign from time to time after February 1, 2005.
2. This Regulation comes into force on February 1, 2005.