ontario regulation 59/05
made under the
greenbelt act, 2005
Made: February 25, 2005
Filed: February 28, 2005
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 19, 2005
designation of greenbelt area
1. (1) For the purpose of section 2 of the Act, the following areas of land are designated as the Greenbelt Area:
1. The Oak Ridges Moraine Area composed of the area of land designated under subsection 1 (1) of Ontario Regulation 1/02 (Designation of Oak Ridges Moraine Area) made under the Oak Ridges Moraine Conservation Act, 2001.
2. The Niagara Escarpment Plan area shown on Niagara Escarpment Plan maps 1 to 9, signed and dated by Mark Frawley, Director, Niagara Escarpment Commission on February 22, 2005 and filed in the offices of the Niagara Escarpment Commission, 232 Guelph Street, Georgetown, Ontario, and those lands added to the Niagara Escarpment Plan under subsection 19 (1) of the Niagara Escarpment Planning and Development Act.
3. The area of land designated as Parts 1 to 36, both inclusive, on a plan entitled “Plan of the Boundary of the Protected Countryside” dated February 23, 2005 and filed on that date with the Office of the Surveyor General of Ontario in the Ministry of Natural Resources.
(2) Copies of the plan referred to in paragraph 3 of subsection (1) are available for public inspection at the following locations:
1. The offices of the Ministry of Municipal Affairs and Housing at 777 Bay Street, Toronto, Ontario.
2. The offices of the Niagara Escarpment Commission located at 232 Guelph Street, Georgetown, Ontario.
3. The offices of the Ministry of Natural Resources at 300 Water Street, Peterborough, Ontario.
2. This Regulation shall be deemed to have come into force on December 16, 2004.