O. Reg. 76/07: ETHANOL IN GASOLINE
filed March 1, 2007 under Environmental Protection Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.19Skip to content
ontario regulation 76/07
made under the
environmental protection act
Made: March 1, 2007
Filed: March 1, 2007
Published on e-Laws: March 1, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 17, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 535/05
(Ethanol in Gasoline)
1. Subsection 2 (6) of Ontario Regulation 535/05 is revoked and the following substituted:
(6) Subsection (1) does not apply with respect to ethanol-blended gasoline if the following conditions are satisfied:
1. The gasoline was manufactured or blended after February 22, 2007 and before March 16, 2007.
2. The person who manufactured or blended the gasoline was, at the time the gasoline was manufactured or blended, allowed a variance that,
i. was issued by a director under clause 36 (3) (c) of the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000, and
ii. relates to Appendix B of the code adoption document under Ontario Regulation 217/01 (Liquid Fuels) made under the Technical Standards and Safety Act, 2000.
3. The person who manufactured or blended the gasoline has provided written notice of the fact that the gasoline was manufactured or blended under the variance described in paragraph 2 to the Assistant Deputy Minister — Operations Division, Ministry of the Environment, by mailing the notice to 135 St. Clair Avenue West, 8th Floor, Toronto, Ontario, M4V 1P5 or sending it by fax to (416) 314-6396.
(7) In addition to the exemption set out in subsection (6), subsection (1) does not apply with respect to gasoline manufactured or blended by Petro-Canada after February 22, 2007 and before the date on which Ontario Regulation 76/07 came into force.