O. Reg. 91/07: Disposal of Personal Information
filed March 12, 2007 under Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. F.31Skip to content
ontario regulation 91/07
made under the
freedom of information and protection of privacy act
Made: March 7, 2007
Filed: March 12, 2007
Published on e-Laws: March 13, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 31, 2007
Amending Reg. 459 of R.R.O. 1990
(Disposal of Personal Information)
1. (1) Section 2 of Regulation 459 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding “other than an educational institution” after “institution”.
(2) Section 2 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(2) An educational institution may dispose of personal information in the following ways only:
1. By destroying the personal information.
2. By transferring it to the archives of another educational institution, in accordance with an agreement between the educational institutions authorizing the transfer.
3. By transferring it to the Archives, in accordance with an agreement between the educational institution and the Archivist of Ontario authorizing the transfer.
(3) An educational institution that transfers personal information to its own archives is not considered to have disposed of the information.