O. Reg. 97/07: Teacher Learning Plans
filed March 15, 2007 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 97/07
made under the
Made: February 14, 2007
Approved: March 7, 2007
Filed: March 15, 2007
Published on e-Laws: March 16, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 31, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 98/02
(Teacher Learning Plans)
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 98/02 is revoked and the following substituted:
2. (1) Starting with the school year commencing in 2007, every board shall ensure that every teacher, other than a new teacher, employed by the board has a learning plan each year that includes the teacher’s professional growth objectives, proposed action plan and time lines for achieving those objectives.
(2) Each year after the first year that a teacher has a learning plan, the teacher shall, in consultation with the appropriate principal,
(a) review the teacher’s learning plan from the previous year, the teacher’s learning and growth over the previous year and the summative report of the teacher’s most recent performance appraisal under Part X.2 of the Act; and
(b) update the teacher’s learning plan for the purposes of the current year, if necessary, taking into account the results of the review under clause (a).
(3) In an evaluation year for a teacher, the consultation required under subsection (2) must include a meeting between the teacher and the appropriate principal in the course of the teacher’s performance appraisal for the year under Part X.2 of the Act.
(4) In a year that is not an evaluation year for a teacher, the teacher and the appropriate principal shall meet to discuss the learning plan for the year if either of them requests it.
(5) The teacher and the appropriate principal shall each sign the teacher’s learning plan for the year and each of them shall retain a copy.
2. Section 3 of the Regulation is revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on September 1, 2007.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Kathleen O’Day Wynne
Minister of Education
Date made: February 14, 2007.
Pris le : 14 février 2007.