O. Reg. 335/07: Rural or Remote Electricity Rate Protection
filed July 5, 2007 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 335/07
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: June 27, 2007
Filed: July 5, 2007
Published on e-Laws: July 6, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: July 21, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 442/01
(Rural or Remote Electricity Rate Protection)
1. (1) Subsection 4 (1.1) of Ontario Regulation 442/01 is revoked and the following substituted:
(1.1) The total amount of rate protection for eligible consumers in each year after 2005 shall not exceed $127 million plus the amount calculated under subsections (2) and (3.1) and shall be based on the amount of rate protection provided by the distributor to eligible consumers for the previous year.
(2) Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(3.1) For each year, in respect of the rates for a distributor serving consumers described in paragraph 5 of section 2, the Board shall calculate the amount by which the distributor’s forecasted revenue requirement for the year, as approved by the Board, exceeds the distributor’s forecasted consumer revenues for the year, as approved by the Board.
(3.2) For the purpose of subsection (3.1), the distributor’s forecasted consumer revenues for a year shall be based on the rate classes and on the rates set out for those classes in the most recent rate order made by the Board and shall be adjusted in line with the average, as calculated by the Board, of any adjustment to rates approved by the Board for other distributors for the same rate year.
(3) Paragraphs 3 and 4 of subsection 4 (4) of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
3. The Board shall take reasonable steps to ensure that an amount equal to the amount calculated under subsections (2) and (3.1) for the year is used to provide rate protection to consumers who are in the class described in paragraphs 4 and 5 of section 2.
4. After paragraphs 2 and 3 are complied with, the Board shall take reasonable steps to ensure that the remainder of the total amount of rate protection available under subsections (1) and (2) is used to provide rate protection to,
i. the persons described in subsection 79 (2) of the Act, and
ii. the consumers who are in the class described by paragraph 2 of section 2.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.