O. Reg. 441/07: Smart Meters: Cost Recovery
filed August 1, 2007 under Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998, S.O. 1998, c. 15, Sched. BSkip to content
ontario regulation 441/07
made under the
Ontario Energy Board Act, 1998
Made: July 26, 2007
Filed: August 1, 2007
Published on e-Laws: August 2, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: August 18, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 426/06
(Smart Meters: Cost Recovery)
1. Section 1 of Ontario Regulation 426/06 is amended by adding the following subsection:
(1.1) Subject to final approval of the Board, a distributor may recover the costs it incurred to comply with the enrolment requirements and technical interface requirements of the Smart Metering Entity.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
Cost recovery, replaced meter assets
3. (1) Subject to Board order, to ensure that distributors are not financially disadvantaged by the implementation of the smart metering initiative, distributors may recover the costs associated with meters owned before, on or after January 1, 2006 being replaced because of the smart metering initiative if,
(a) the meter being replaced was not acquired in contravention of section 53.18 of the Electricity Act, 1998; and
(b) the meter is replaced with a smart meter authorized for installation under the Electricity Act, 1998.
(2) The Board shall determine the period of time over which the costs referred to in subsection (1) may be recovered, in order to protect the interests of consumers with respect to prices.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.