O. Reg. 543/07: Accessible Parking for Persons with Disabilities
filed September 7, 2007 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 543/07
made under the
Highway traffic act
Made: June 27, 2007
Filed: September 7, 2007
Published on e-Laws: September 10, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: September 22, 2007
Amending Reg. 581 of R.R.O. 1990
(Accessible Parking for Persons with Disabilities)
1. The definition of “regulated health practitioner” in section 1 of Regulation 581 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
“regulated health practitioner” means a person legally qualified to practise in Canada as a physician, chiropodist, chiropractor, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, podiatrist or registered nurse in the extended class;
2. Clause 5 (1) (b) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “24 months” and substituting “12 months”.
3. Section 9 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsection:
(2) If the holder of an unexpired disabled person parking permit dies, any person who comes into possession of the permit after the holder’s death shall promptly return the permit to the Ministry.
4. This Regulation comes into force on the later of July 9, 2007 and the day this Regulation is filed.