O. Reg. 561/07: FAMILY LAW RULES
filed December 11, 2007 under Courts of Justice Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. C.43Skip to content
ontario regulation 561/07
made under the
Courts of Justice Act
Made: December 6, 2007
Approved: December 11, 2007
Filed: December 11, 2007
Published on e-Laws: December 12, 2007
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: December 29, 2007
Amending O. Reg. 114/99
(Family Law Rules)
1. Subrules 1 (11) and (12) of Ontario Regulation 114/99 are revoked and the following substituted:
(11) In subrules (12), (12.1) and (12.2),
“practice direction” means a direction, notice, memorandum or guide for the purpose of governing, subject to these rules, the conduct of cases in any area.
requirements for Practice Direction
(12) A practice direction shall be approved in advance by the Chief Justice or Chief Judge of the court, filed with the secretary of the Family Rules Committee and posted on the Ontario Courts website, and notice of the practice direction shall be published in the Ontario Reports.
effective date of Practice Direction
(12.1) A practice direction does not come into effect before it is filed and posted and notice of it is published as described in subrule (12).
Old Practice Directions
(12.2) Practice directions that were issued before these rules take effect no longer apply.
2. Subrule 8.1 (9) of the Regulation is revoked.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.