O. Reg. 51/08: Laboratories
filed March 10, 2008 under Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. L.1Skip to content
Ontario regulation 51/08
made under the
Laboratory and specimen collection centre licensing Act
Made: March 6, 2008
Filed: March 10, 2008
Published on e-Laws: March 11, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 29, 2008
Amending Reg. 682 of R.R.O. 1990
1. (1) Subsection 4 (1) of Regulation 682 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by adding the following paragraph:
7. That the ColonCancerCheck FOBT not be performed.
(2) Section 4 of the Regulation is amended by adding the following subsections:
(5) A laboratory is exempt from the condition in paragraph 7 of subsection (1) if it has entered into a Participation Agreement with the Ministry.
(6) In subsection (5),
“Participation Agreement” means an agreement between a laboratory and the Ministry under the Laboratory Services Funding Framework Agreement for the Colorectal Cancer Screening Program in which the laboratory agrees to conditions in respect of their participation in the program, including conditions that the laboratory will,
(a) use the ColonCancerCheck FOBT kit for the purposes of the program,
(b) distribute the ColonCancerCheck FOBT kits to,
(i) legally qualified medical practitioners,
(ii) registered nurses who hold an extended certificate of registration under the Nursing Act, 1991, and
(c) provide the ColonCancerCheck FOBT kits to participants accessing the program through Telehealth Ontario,
(d) report on the distribution and provision of the ColonCancerCheck FOBT kits under clauses (b) and (c) to Cancer Care Ontario for the purposes of the Colorectal Cancer Screening Registry, and
(e) participate in a quality assurance program that is designed for the program.
2. Appendix C to the Regulation is amended by adding the following item:
110. ColonCancerCheck FOBT.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the later of April 1, 2008 and the day this Regulation is filed.