O. Reg. 117/08: MOTOR VEHICLE INSPECTION STATIONS
filed May 2, 2008 under Highway Traffic Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. H.8Skip to content
ontario regulation 117/08
made under the
highway traffic act
Made: April 30, 2008
Filed: May 2, 2008
Published on e-Laws: May 5, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 17, 2008
Amending Reg. 601 of R.R.O. 1990
(Motor Vehicle Inspection Stations)
1. (1) Paragraph 2 of section 3 of Regulation 601 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is amended by striking out “6” and substituting “6.1”.
(2) Paragraph 4 of section 3 of the Regulation is amended by striking out “Schedule 6” at the end and substituting “Schedules 6 and 6.1”.
2. (1) Subsection 8 (1) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(1) It is a condition of the registration of a motor vehicle inspection mechanic, except a mechanic who only inspects trolley buses, that the mechanic hold a valid and subsisting certificate of qualification as an automotive service technician, truck and coach technician, motorcycle technician, truck-trailer service technician or auto body and collision damage repairer under the Apprenticeship and Certification Act, 1998.
(2) Subsection 8 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “motorcycle mechanic” and substituting “motorcycle technician”.
(3) Subsection 8 (4) of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
(4) It is a condition of the registration of a motor vehicle inspection mechanic who does not hold a certificate of qualification as a motorcycle technician that the mechanic not issue safety standards certificates for motor tricycles within the meaning of Regulation 611 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 (Safety Inspections) made under the Highway Traffic Act.
(4) Subsection 8 (5) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “truck-trailer repairer” and substituting “truck-trailer service technician”.
3. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.