O. Reg. 133/08: Ontario Schools for the Blind and the Deaf
filed May 5, 2008 under Education Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. E.2Skip to content
ontario regulation 133/08
made under the
Made: April 16, 2008
Approved: April 30, 2008
Filed: May 5, 2008
Published on e-Laws: May 6, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: May 24, 2008
Amending Reg. 296 of R.R.O. 1990
(Ontario Schools for the Blind and the Deaf)
1. Section 23 of Regulation 296 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
Qualifications of Teachers
23. A teacher employed to teach the deaf or hard of hearing, the blind or the deaf-blind at a School shall meet both of the following requirements:
1. The teacher holds a certificate of qualification of any kind or class provided for in Ontario Regulation 184/97 (Teachers Qualifications) made under the Ontario College of Teachers Act, 1996.
2. The certificate of qualification indicates a specialist qualification for teaching the deaf or hard of hearing, blind or deaf-blind, as the case may be, or the teacher is actively engaged in completing the requirements set out in Ontario Regulation 184/97 for the specialist qualification.
2. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
Pris par :
La ministre de l’Éducation,
Kathleen O’Day Wynne
Minister of Education
Date made: April 16, 2008.
Pris le : 16 avril 2008.