O. Reg. 198/08: Designation of Provincial Parks
filed June 9, 2008 under Provincial Parks and Conservation Reserves Act, 2006, S.O. 2006, c. 12Skip to content
ontario regulation 198/08
made under the
provincial parks and conservation reserves act, 2006
Made: June 4, 2008
Filed: June 9, 2008
Published on e-Laws: June 10, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: June 28, 2008
Amending O. Reg. 316/07
(Designation of Provincial Parks)
1. The title to Ontario Regulation 316/07 is revoked and the following substituted:
Designation and Classification of Provincial Parks
2. Section 2 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Land set aside
2. A provincial park consists of the land delimited or set aside for it, as described in the Schedule or the section referred to in Column 2 of Table 1 opposite the name of the park in Column 1.
3. Section 4 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Classification of provincial parks
4. A provincial park is classified in the class, if any, shown in brackets after the name of the park in Column 1 of Table 1.
Wilderness class parks
5. The following are classified as wilderness class parks:
1. Kesagami Provincial Park.
2. Killarney Provincial Park.
3. Lady Evelyn-Smoothwater Provincial Park.
4. Opasquia Provincial Park.
5. Polar Bear Provincial Park.
6. Quetico Provincial Park.
7. That part of Wabakimi Provincial Park in the geographic Townships of Bertrand, Bulmer, Chevrier, Fletcher, Furlonge, Heathcote, Manion and McLaurin in the Territorial District of Thunder Bay, containing 155,000 hectares more of less, designated as part 7 on a plan known as Wabakimi Provincial Park, filed on June 17, 1997 in the Office of the Surveyor General of Ontario in the Ministry of Natural Resources.
8. Woodland Caribou Provincial Park.
4. Table 1 of the Regulation is amended by striking out,
Killarney Provincial Park (Wilderness Class)
Killarney Provincial Park
5. This Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.