O. Reg. 317/08: Needle Safety
filed September 15, 2008 under Occupational Health and Safety Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. O.1Skip to content
ontario regulation 317/08
made under the
occupational health and safety act
Made: September 10, 2008
Filed: September 15, 2008
Published on e-Laws: September 17, 2008
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: October 4, 2008
Amending O. Reg. 474/07
1. Section 2 of Ontario Regulation 474/07 is amended by adding the following paragraphs:
5. Every laboratory or specimen collection centre as defined in the Laboratory and Specimen Collection Centre Licensing Act.
6. Every psychiatric facility as defined in the Mental Health Act.
7. Every nursing home as defined in the Nursing Homes Act.
8. Every home as defined in the Homes for the Aged and Rest Homes Act.
9. Every approved charitable institution as defined in the Charitable Institutions Act that is approved, under that Act, as one of the following classes:
i. halfway houses where rehabilitative residential group care may be provided for adult persons,
ii. homes for the aged in which elderly persons may be cared for,
iii. homes where residential group care may be provided for handicapped or convalescent adult persons.
2. Paragraphs 7, 8 and 9 of section 2 of the Regulation, as made by section 1 of this Regulation, are revoked and the following substituted:
7. Every long-term care home as defined in the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007.
3. Subparagraph 5 (1) 1 ii of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
ii. a situation exists that constitutes or may constitute a serious risk to public health.
4. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on April 1, 2009.
(2) Section 2 comes into force on the later of April 1, 2009 and the day section 194 of the Long-Term Care Homes Act, 2007 comes into force.