ontario regulation 69/09
made under the
liquor control act
Made: March 4, 2009
Filed: March 6, 2009
Published on e-Laws: March 9, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: March 21, 2009
Amending Reg. 717 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 2 of Regulation 717 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
2. Government stores for the sale of beer only may be established by the Brewers’ Retail Inc. in any location approved by the Board and a manufacturer of beer licensed by the Alcohol and Gaming Commission of Ontario may store and sell beer in those stores under the control and supervision of the Board.
2. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
2.1.1 A manufacturer of beer shall not store or sell beer in a store authorized under clause 3 (1) (e) of the Act if,
(a) the beer contains alcohol that was obtained other than by the fermentation of an infusion or decoction of barley, malt and hops or of any similar products; and
(b) the alcohol described in clause (a) increases the total alcohol content of the beer by more than 0.5 of 1 per cent by volume.
3. Paragraphs 1 and 2 of section 2.3 of the Regulation are revoked and the following substituted:
1. Manufacturers of beer may request a change in the price at which their beer is sold by submitting a price change application to the Board on any Monday no later than 4 p.m. or, if Monday is a holiday, no later than 4 p.m. on the first day thereafter that is not a holiday.
2. On condition that the price change requested is not lower than the minimum price established by the Board, the Board shall notify the applicant manufacturer and Brewers’ Retail Inc. that the price change will, subject to paragraph 3, go into effect on the second Monday following the making of the application, or, if the Monday is a holiday, on the first day thereafter that is not a holiday.
4. Section 2.4 of the Regulation is revoked.
5. Clause 4 (2) (d) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “the Wine Content Act” and substituting “the Wine Content and Labelling Act, 2000”.
6. Clause 12 (1) (d) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “the Wine Content Act” and substituting “the Wine Content and Labelling Act, 2000”.
7. The Regulation is amended by adding the following section:
21. The aggregate amount of all expenditures in respect of a capital project constitutes a major capital expenditure for the purposes of paragraph 1 of subsection 3 (6) of the Act if the aggregate amount of the budgeted or actual expenditures for the capital project of the Board exceeds $10 million.
8. (1) Subject to subsection (2), this Regulation comes into force on the day it is filed.
(2) Section 7 comes into force on the day that subsection 1 (2) of Schedule L to the Budget Measures and Interim Appropriation Act, 2008 comes into force.