O. Reg. 132/09: GENERAL
filed March 30, 2009 under Ministry of Correctional Services Act, R.S.O. 1990, c. M.22Skip to content
ontario regulation 132/09
made under the
Ministry of Correctional Services Act
Made: March 25, 2009
Filed: March 30, 2009
Published on e-Laws: April 1, 2009
Printed in The Ontario Gazette: April 18, 2009
Amending Reg. 778 of R.R.O. 1990
1. Section 10 of Regulation 778 of the Revised Regulations of Ontario, 1990 is revoked and the following substituted:
10. (1) The inmate shall surrender to the Superintendent all property, including money and personal belongings in the inmate’s physical possession, at the time of admission to the institution.
(2) The non-perishable property that the inmate is not permitted to retain in his or her possession shall be deposited with the Superintendent.
(3) The perishable property that the inmate is not permitted to retain in his or her possession shall be dealt with as the inmate may reasonably direct or else be destroyed by the Superintendent.
(4) The Superintendent shall not disburse or deduct any amount from the money the inmate surrenders except,
(a) banking fees or charges that are incurred by the Ministry resulting from transactions authorized by the inmate;
(b) the amount of any deduction or payment required by law; and
(c) an amount in accordance with a request made in writing by the inmate and approved by the Superintendent.
2. Subsection 11 (3) of the Regulation is amended by striking out “to a community resource centre”.
3. Section 19 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
4. Section 20 of the Regulation is revoked.
5. Section 21 of the Regulation is revoked.
6. Section 40 of the Regulation is revoked and the following substituted:
Assistance Upon Release or Discharge
40. The Minister or an employee designated by the Minister may give a gratuity or such other assistance to an inmate upon his or her release or discharge from an institution as the Minister or employee considers will aid the rehabilitation of the inmate.
7. Part IV of the Regulation (sections 56 to 58) is revoked.
8. This Regulation comes into force on the later of the day it is filed and the day section 23 of the Child and Family Services Statute Law Amendment Act, 2009 comes into force.